Mysteries of the Great Baikal
duration: 8 days \ 7 nights
Tour dates: on request
Price: from 22 500 ₽
|14 + 2 group||1-4 read.|
|Child (schoolboy)||on request||on request|
|Adult||on request||on request|
|* The cost of the tour is determined individually and depends on the date of the tour and the location.|
The tour program
“The Mysteries of the Great Baikal”
- Meeting at the airport or railway station of Irkutsk.
- Transfer to the place of departure of the bus to Lake Baikal.
- 09: 00 - departure to the Small Sea (by bus, travel time about 4 hours).
- Arrival at the recreation center "Baikal Rainbow" on the shore of Lake Baikal. The advantages of the base are the proximity of the sandy beach and the warm bay, in which the water warms up to 22-23 degrees.
Accommodation, acquaintance with the instructor.
- Acquaintance with traditions: to tie cloth ribbons - hadak of the hall on tree branches or a serge pole (hitching post), “sprinkle” with alcohol, tea, milk for refreshments and appeasement of local spirits.
- Excursion to Cape "Geht", inspection of "Kurykan constructions"whose history has more than 5 thousand years. A beautiful view of the beginning of the Small Sea opens from the Cape, the Strait of Malaya Olkhonsky Gates and the Sarma Gorge - the place where the most formidable rapid Baikal wind is born - Sarma.
- Return to base, free time.
- Walking tour to Cape Ulan, along the picturesque bays of the "Small Sea" Lake Baikal.
- Return to base, free time.
- Relax on the beach. Water fun rental (additional charge): water slides, banana, water skiing.
- Optional (additional payment) Boat cruise along the grottoes of Olkhon Island and along the islands of the Small Sea. Interesting stone sculptures - weathered rocks, centuries-old multi-colored lichens - a paradise for photography lovers! Bird Bazaars: nesting sites of herons, gulls, as well as black cormorants, which after disappearance, after several decades, returned to Lake Baikal. Visiting Ogoy Island, on top of which a Buddhist stupa is installed, a wonderful view of the lake opens from the top of the island.
- Departure to Olkhon Island - the largest island on Baikal, which concentrated on its territory the whole variety of natural landscapes of the Baikal shores. Even in its form, it resembles the outlines of Lake Baikal. The island is elongated along the coast of Lake Baikal for 73 km, its width reaches 15 km. Olkhon is located in the national park and is considered one of the most beautiful places in Lake Baikal.
- Ferry crossing to Olkhon island, travel to the island's capital - Khuzhir village.
- Accommodation at the recreation center, free time.
- Sightseeing tour of Khuzhir.
- Excursion to the sacred "Cape Burhan" (rock Shaman), this is one of the nine shrines of Asia. There is a through cave in the rock. According to legend, the spirit of the owner of the island lives in this cave. It was believed that this is one of its three palaces - earthly, and from here there are exits to the heavenly and underground palaces. For many centuries, shamanistic rituals with sacrifices were held near the rock. Having visited this place, you will be charged with Baikal energy for a long time.
- A visit to the island’s largest art and souvenir shop. Your choice will feature paintings, handmade souvenirs from local craftsmen, teas and herbs from the generous shores of Lake Baikal, jewelry made from precious Baikal stones.
- Free time.
Those who wish can go sunbathing on 5-kilometer Sarai Beach with snow-white sand.
- Journey on UAZ vehicles to the northernmost point of the island - Cape Khoboy. A place of extraordinary energy and beauty. A beautiful high rock at Cape Khoboy, looks like a sharp fang, resembles the profile of a female head with a bust. During the tour, you can see the stunning natural difference between the rocky eastern shore and the flatter west. In fine weather, from Cape Khoboy, a view of the widest place of Lake Baikal (80 km) opens. At Cape Sagan-Khushun and Shunte Levy, you will see Lake Baikal from a bird's eye view. You will have an indescribable view of the open, or as it is also called by the local, Big Baikal.
- For lunch, you will taste the fish soup cooked at the stake by our guides.
- Upon returning to the recreation center - free time.
Day 7 (free day)
- Free day.
You will also be offered excursions (optional, for an additional fee):
- excursions by boat to the island of Ogoy, to the Buddhist Stupa; on the islands of the Small Sea;
- Excursion to the museum of local lore;
- excursion to the lake Shara-Nur;
- excursion to the Buryat village;
- horse rides;
- fishing from a ship, boat;
- visit to a mobile bath on the shore of Lake Baikal;
- ATV rental.
- Breakfast, departure.
- 16: 00-20: 00 Arrival in Irkutsk.
* The tour program may change: in the order of excursions or replace them with
The price of the tour includes:
✓ Group transfers according to the tour program
✓ Accommodation in rooms of the selected category on the Small Sea (3 nights)
✓ Accommodation in rooms of the selected category on the island of Olkhon (4 nights)
✓ Meals: breakfast and dinner
✓ Guiding and walking tours:
along the picturesque bays of the Small Sea;
sightseeing tour of Khuzhir, to the sacred "Cape Burhan" (Shamanka rock);
Travel to Cape "Khoboy" on the UAZ vehicle (with lunch)
The price does NOT include:
- A boat trip (3 day of the tour), paid on the spot, approximately 2000 rubles / person.
- Air, train tickets to and from Irkutsk
- Personal spending
- In the office “DV holidays”
- By phone (4212) 240-206, 240-119
- Leave a request on the site